Monday, December 26, 2011

The Easy Bake Oven


This afternoon it was time to open up some more of the Christmas gifts. I know what you are thinking, its the day AFTER Christmas! The truth is, we got way, way, way, too much stuff for our kids this year! In fact, they have some unwrapped gifts that they dont even know about! Yes. Unwrapped, and still in the boxes, hidden under and behind all the other loot that is littering my home! It looks like a toy store threw up in my living room! So anyway, we were opening some of the unwrapped gifts today so we could play with them. One item in particular was causing all kinds of squealing and excitement.....The Easy Bake Oven!

Could it be hereditary? Are my girls simply a product of there environment, as was I? The mere idea of making their own goodies in their very own oven! I chuckled to myself and reveled in the excitement swirling around me. Really, I still kinda feel the same way when I am cooking something new in the kitchen! And then I thought about my mom yesterday. She had made a new goody for Christmas (btw, my mom is kinda of famous in the inner circle. She makes the most delish treats every year! Really, she should sell them!) she was so excited about them she was practically shoving them in my mouth while I was washing dishes! This is years of baking and cooking, and creating, and she is still excited and giddy about food!

So again, I propose the question.....hereditary or not? I am not sure. All I know is that those treats you make in the Easy Bake Oven should be a lot bigger! Nickle sized cupcakes and dime sized cookies aren't going to go very far in our house! Not with all these foodies! But the kids had no objection about the size whatsoever! Baking with this little oven brought sheer joy, because it was something they could make all their very own.

I am sure it won't take long before the girls get bored of the Easy Bake Oven. But when in happens (and it WILL happen), I hope I am ready to have a sous chef or two! I am sure the tradition of "the love of cooking" will prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment